ADLG - Game Report 101

Early Imperial Roman(85) vs Middle Imperial Roman (86)

Back in Bournemouth the ADLG gang decided to meet mid-week to ensure that Pete was able to get in a game or two. So we all met up at Entoyment for a day’s ADLG gaming. I took along my Roman’s and my Greeks all dressed up as Ptolemaic. First up was a Roman civil war with Pete – the old stagers vs the up and coming Roman dynasty.

I opted for the Auxilia command on the left, cavalry on the right and the heavy’s barrelling through the centre. Pete was broadly similarly deployed.

I refused the right flank and allowed the Auxilia to lead us into battle on the left.

Contact! And the Auxilia performed well. However, I really must talk to supply as it didn’t seem as if my Scorpion Ballista were issued with any bolts!

While the Auxilia start their outflanking move and mop up Pete’s right wing, my own right wing despite some success seems to be outnumbered. In the centre I have inflicted cohesion losses on contact. Can I exploit this success?

The answer was no I could not. The chicken’s entrails fell out the wrong side for my troops and Pete’s legionaries are now overwhelming mine, and we will draw a veil over the damage to my cavalry.

On my right Pete has successfully counterattacked my Auxilia, while in the centre my legionaries are fighting desperately to avoid defeat – which they conspicuously fail to do.

Outcome

A loss to Pete 24 to 14

Lessons Learnt

  • A fairly even battle, in which I don’t think I would have done much differently if I had my time again!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...