ADLG - Game Report 96

German-Tencteri (91) vs Sahelian Empire (209)

On to the second battle against Spike’s Sahelian Empire – another unusual army that I haven’t seen fielded at an UK competition. For terrain the Sahelian right was blocked of with difficult and impassable terrain. I decided to adopt a defensive position with the enemy dominating mt in cavalry. My best command was on the right with the Allied command on the left.

My cavalry are in reserve, albeit in a rather cramped position in the centre.

I have brought the Army out to free my Cavalry which I am trying to move to the right.

The warbands sent forward as a delaying tactic have engaged and destroyed some cavalry but having broken through are now in danger of being destroyed themselves.

However the Sahelian left has been brutal in its attack on my right, which is now in tatters. In the centre the included general is now fighting for his life, and it is looking increasingly difficult for me to get to grips with the enemy infantry. Although there is one warband, which broke through, still fighting alone and unsupported!

Outcome

A win for Spike with me going down 31 cohesion points to Spike’s 11 loss.

Lessons Learnt

  • A better defensive battle plan needed.
  • It would have been perhaps better to deploy the Allies in the broken terrain on the right?
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...