ADLG - Game Report 115

Post-Roman Brits (146) vs Vikings (155)

Onward, and hopefully upwards the Britto-Romans proceeded to do battle at the Farnborough Exhibition Centre, let loose the dogs of war at Warfare 2023 and raise the cry SHIELD WALL!

First up was a battle against Luke’s Vikings, fortunately with the traders open for business Luke was able to procure some counters and dice to replace the ones he had forgotten – I was rather hoping he was given the dice that only rolled ones!

Luke started by refusing his right flank, given that I had massed what cavalry I had against that flank.

Despite my best intentions I wasn’t able to get enough command points to move as quickly or as far as I would like. The flank guard that Luke left out was a serious annoyance.

Perhaps on balance I would have been better sacking the camp rather than trying to work along Luke’s flank. Even at this stage the main lines had yet to make contact.

From the results I suffered in the combats you can guess that I wish the opposing lines had not made contact. On my left the annoying flank guard has been overcome, but by this stage I doubted if it would make much difference to the final outcome.

From the rather depleted shield wall you can guess that my suspicion was correct and despite some small success my army was comprehensively broken by Luke’s Vikings.

Outcome

A win for the Vikings by 25 losses to the 18 I inflicted on them.

Lessons Learnt

  • If one is around the flank one needs to be much more aggressive and adventurous.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...