ADLG - Game Report 116

Post-Roman Brits (146) vs Caledonian/Pictish (99)

Onto the second game against another dark ages barbarian army, Mark’s Picts et al. Given the woods on the right I decided to use the left as my major axis of attack.

The lines contact each other. Meanwhile I have the cavalry on the left in reserve to exploit any gaps I can create in the enemy line. However, despite my initial decision to force the enemy’s right, I have committed my main cavalry force to battle against what looks a juicy target in front of them.

On the left the shield wall is in heavy contact with both sides taking some losses. On the right the cavalry has almost broken through with the chariots their next target.

The enemy infantry line on the left has been broken, along with the centre and cavalry now forcing the enemy line apart.

Outcome

A win for the Britto-Romans by 29 to only suffering 14 in return.

Lessons Learnt

  • Look for opportunities of pitting your better troops against the weaker opponents. It helps when they are medium infantry targets.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...