ADLG - Game Report 117

Post-Roman Brits (146) vs Classical Indian(75)

This battle was going to be a challenge, I am not sure many of the Britto-Romans would have ever seen an elephant before. Moreover, Ian was known to be an exceptionally good player.

I decided to take a cautious approach by refusing my left and trying to get my own Cavalry around the right flank and behind the woods. However, the light cavalry after bumping the ambush have taken damage from the light infantry in the woods.

The shield wall has formed up using the woods to secure the right flank. The cavalry, led by their general are now starting to turn the right flank.

My turning movement on the right has forced the Indian commander to reorientate his left flank command to the threat. However, I am increasingly concerned as to whether I have enough strength on my left to defend against his movement against it.

I have started to clear the woods on the right. The key for me would be whether the enemy’s left would be exposed to my shield wall advancing on it; if that is, I decided to come out to support the cavalry.


My cavalry has been committed against the infantry supporting the elephant on the enemy’s left, but the combat has not been kind to me. Meanwhile the shield wall is now in position to defend itself.

The enemy elephant on the enemy’s left has broken off and has attacked my shield wall and broken through it. The cavalry are holding their own at the moment. Meanwhile elsewhere the overall cumulative effect of the Indian bow fire is causing cohesion hits sufficient to weaken the enemy before they come crashing in to perform the coup de grace.

Outcome

A win for the Indians by inflicting 26 to the 16 they received.

Lessons Learnt

  • I suppose one of the lessons would be to choose a better army to fight elephants, but in a competition one does one’s best with what one has chosen.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...