ADLG - Game Report 119

Post-Roman Brits (146) vs Sassanian (109)

My final battle of the tournament was against Mark’s Sassanids. I suspected a flank march once we had completed deployment, but my mal-deployment by trying to secure what looked like a juicy hill to defend was going to potentially leave me exposed. Moreover, despite the Sassanid’s refusing their left flank and therefore suspecting the flank march would come in on my left, the Sassanian right, I failed to appreciate the consequences and take action accordingly. Perhaps I was hoping that they would be delayed sufficiently, but they managed to arrive on the table on the second attempt!

It also didn’t help that for at least one turn I did nothing while I had moderate command dice. When I really needed to do something when they arrived my command dice were appalling!

My left flank was lighting up like a Christmas tree with all the cohesion markers I was suffering. My only hope would be to contact the line of Jewish levy and kill as many of his troops as I could before I lost cohesion.


In spite of some moderate success on the right, the overall damage inflicted by the flank march was sufficient to cause my army to lose cohesion rapidly.

Outcome

A Loss to Mark by 26 to 16 cohesion hits inflicted.

Lessons Learnt

  • A better understanding of the results of a flank march would help!
  • Just because a piece of terrain looks juicy to defend does not mean one should be a prisoner to its benefits.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...